Five Questions, Five Answers
1. What do you do for a living? I work at the University of Minnesota as a Teaching Assistant, currently teaching CSci 1901, a introduction to programming course.
2. What do you like most about your job? Teaching is one of the most rewarding experiences that I have ever had. I love to teach large classes, groups of 30 or more people.
3. What do you like least about your job? Grading - it’s one of the most boring part of the job, but it just needs to get done. I wish I could just teach and not worry about grades.
4. When you have a bad day at work it’s usually because _____… I didn’t get grading done that I needed to finish, or I feel that I have done a bad job conveying information to the students in the class.
5. What other career(s) are you interested in? I have thought about being a sysadmin at a college or small company for a while, or going and working some level of help desk support. Sometimes I think about menial jobs, ones that would not require large amounts of thought, but would always be done at 5.